News Hotline:0531-85876666
中文|한국어|
HomeLatestcontent

Second-phase political farce of the 'Uygur Tribunal' about to be staged with more lies from 'actors and actresses'

2021/9/9 18:43:49   source:Global Times

The political farce and pseudo-court of the so-called "Uygur Tribunal" will have its second hearing starting Friday, one day before September 11, a time which should be used to commemorate the 20th anniversary of the terrorist attacks. However, now it is being used by terrorists and anti-China forces to smear China's anti-terrorist efforts in the Xinjiang region where thousands have made sacrifices in the fight against terrorism.

"How ironic and ridiculous it is to see terrorists from China's Xinjiang to whitewash themselves by maliciously slandering China! Such pseudo-court has been staged in a Western country with the U.S.'s support, trying to picture the perpetrators into alleged victims, calling white black and confusing right and wrong," said Wang Jiang, a distinguished research fellow at the Institute for Frontier Region of China of the Zhejiang Normal University.

The "Uygur Tribunal," which is neither a legitimate legal body nor has the right to review accusations of genocide against a country, was held on June 3 in London with one-sided voices and fabricated stories of alleged victims from China's Xinjiang during the first hearing.

The second hearing is scheduled to open on Friday with another group of "actors and actresses" getting together with anti-China forces to stage a new farce in an attempt to offer sensational but fake materials to Western media and make stories about the "evil China," analysts mocked.

They also noted that the so-called tribunal, under the banner of laws, has become a machine that makes and spreads lies to smear China, interfere with its domestic affairs and contain it by disturbing its Xinjiang region. It profaned international laws.

According to online information released by the "Uygur Tribunal," the so-called witnesses include a woman who "testified on behalf of her husband" about his experiences of being "interrogated in a tiger chair." Another is a witness who "had a phone conversation from Japan with one of their brothers, who was apparently being held by agents of the Chinese state. There is also a witness that claims to be former employee of a statistics bureau from Xinjiang in addition to another one who previously worked in a hospital in Xinjiang.

"How could these so-called witnesses prove their identities? Are they real doctors or employees from the statistics bureau as they claimed? Maybe this is the least question that people gathering at the 'pseudo-court' care as they just want to use these sensational fake stories to smear China," Wang said, noting that the purpose of the farce is to "prove" China is committing "systematic persecution against ethnic groups," but it is not true.

During the first hearing in June, some so-called "victims" appeared and told stories on how they had been "prosecuted" in Xinjiang. However, their lies had been refuted by China for so many times. For example, one of the "victims," Tuerxunnayi Ziyaodeng has claimed to have been detained at a training center and said she was forcibly sterilized. But she has contradicted herself, and her passport was renewed in March 2019, during the period when she claimed she was in detention.

Gulibahaer Maihemutijiang, who uses the name Gulbahar Haijiti in the West, claimed she was lured back to China and faced a seven-year prison term, and was tortured during detention.

But records showed she returned for personal reasons and was found to be involved in organizing secessionist activities including the "7/5" Urumqi riots that took place on July 5, 2009. She told the police she regretted not having revealed her husband's secessionist behavior, and the police decided not to prosecute her. Gulibahaer exposed her real nature soon after she left China using the excuse of taking care of her pregnant daughter in 2019.

Wang also noted that while the stunt of the "Uygur Tribunal" is being staged, the world is also reviewing the 20th anniversary of the September 11 terrorist attacks. The so-called tribunal, with close links to terrorists, has shadowed the moment that should be used to voice against terrorism. This shows no respect to the people whose lives have been cut short by terrorism in the US, in China's Xinjiang and around the world.

Xu Guixiang, a spokesperson for the Xinjiang regional government, said at a press conference in May that the tribunal is a "pseudo" one that follows the presumption of guilt and serves anti-China forces' smears on Xinjiang and their interference in China's internal affairs.

The Uygur Tribunal is neither serious nor authoritative in this regard. The tribunal does not meet the criteria for a nongovernmental organization either, as it does not conform to the UK's Charities Act 2011. It claims to work for Uygurs amid "Chinese governments' violence," but the goal is not based on verified facts, and the tribunal has no clear regulatory articles or trusteeship council. Those conditions determine the tribunal has no legal validity.

The largest donor to this so-called tribunal is the World Uygur Congress (WUC). According to the introduction on its website, in June 2020, anti-China secessionist and president of the WUC formally requested that Geoffrey Nice, an infamous anti-China figure, establish and chair a so-called independent people's tribunal to investigate "ongoing atrocities and possible genocide" against the Uygurs, Kazakhs, and other Turkic Muslim populations. The tribunal was launched on September 3, 2020.

According to the data on the website of the so-called tribunal, the money it has raised so far is limited. Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Zhao Lijian told a press conference that it attempted to raise 50,000 pounds ($68,825) but only managed to make 7,000 pounds for as long as three months, which showed how unpopular it is.

The WUC, a U.S.-based anti-China organization established in 2004, was transformed from the "World Uygur Youth Congress" (WUYC), an organization classified as terrorist by the Chinese authorities. Dolkun Isa, leader of the WUC, was also part of the WUYC. The main members of the WUYC and its affiliated organizations were actively engaged in terrorist activities.

Nice also earned notoriety by getting involved in illegal activities. He participated as prosecutor in the case against Slobodan Milosevic, the former Serbian leader who was later removed from office for "war crimes and genocide" at the International Criminal Tribunal. But Andy Wilcoxson, who closely followed Milosevic's trial, wrote in a 2017 report that no evidence supports the charges against China and all are made for political purposes.

In 2009, Nice was criticized by the Privy Council for his unfair handling of the trial of St Helier-based accountant Peter Michel, who was jailed in 2007 for six years after being convicted of 10 counts of money laundering. The Jersey Evening Post wrote in an article on November 6, 2009, that the "extraordinary failings" of Nice may cost taxpayers several millions of pounds.

In addition, Nice was also the co-author of the infamous Caesar Report. He and several other authors made flimsy reports about the situation in Syria based on insufficient evidence, which led to the U.S.'s sanctions. The unilateral sanctions did not protect civilians in Syria but led them to hunger and death.

Another individual that played as lawyer for the alleged tribunal is Rodney Dixon. He was the lawyer for Taoufik Bouachrine, a journalist in Morocco who was involved in a sexual scandal. Dixon was later accused by Moroccan society for making lies and lacking professionalism during the argument of defense. Three months later, he was fired by the journalist's family for making no progress in the case.

With all these notoriously anti-China individuals colluding with terrorists, there is nothing related to justice that would come out of the so-called tribunal but lies. As Graham Perry, a British solicitor and international arbitrator told the Global Times in a previous interview, the "tribunal" is only an anti-China event and people behind it want to convict China on charges of genocide without even reviewing the evidence.

Related Stories

Photos

Chinese Dictionary:
Sponsor:Information Office of Shandong Provincial People’s Government